Sat., July 16, 2016 Captain Max King's Marine 3829 Shore Dr Virginia Beach, VA 23455 757.641.3996
6th Annual Southside Boys & Girls Club
Flounder Fishing Tourney
Join us on July 15 & 16, 2016, for a great time flounder fishing with a chance for some great prizes — and at the same time help raise money to benefit programs at the Southside Boys & Girls Club. This is our sixth year of hosting this event, and we expect another great event.
President and CEO of East Coast Repair & Fabrication and Tourney chair, Jorge Rivera… “We, the committee and sponsors, know the importance of giving these kids at the Southside Boys and Girls Club every opportunity to succeed. The funds raised from the Tourney will hopefully help them find success through strengthening programs at the Club, so please sign up!”
The Results are In!
Congrats to the winners of the 2015 Tournament:
- Carolyn Brown – Women’s division winner – biggest flounder – 5.3 lbs
- Extreme Rehab – Biggest Flounder – 7.1 lbs
- Bragging Rights – Biggest Sponsor Flounder – 4.8 lbs
- Stringer – Grandma’s Leg – 15.3 lbs.
- Under 15 winner – Jack Limroth – total 10.4 lbs
- Biggest Oyster Toad – Lone Squid –
- 1st Prize – Paige II, Total weight – 17.1 lbs
- 2nd Prize – Grandma’s Leg, Total weight – 15.3 lbs
- 3rd Prize – No Regrets, Total weight – 12.9 lbs
- 4th Prize – Look & Hook, Total weight – 11.8 lbs
- 5th Prize – Extreme Rehab, Total weight – 11.5 lbs
- 6th Prize – Hogchoker, Total weight – 11.0 lbs
Great Prizes (Minimum Guaranteed)
- There will be an optional big fish Calcutta with an entry fee of $100 per boat with a 100% payout. The single heaviest fish wins. You must tag your Calcutta fish with the special tag provided in case of a tie, the first fish weighed will be the winner.
- There will be a second optional “stringer” Calcutta for $100 with a 100% payout to the heaviest stringer entered in this Calcutta.
- All Prizes are minimum guarantee.
- 1st Place: $5,000
- 2nd Place:$2,500
- 3rd Place: $1,500
- 4th Place:$1,000
- 5th Place:$500
- 6th Place: $250
- $100:Heaviest Oyster Toad
- $100:Ladies Division Heaviest Flounder
- $50 and some tackle: 15 and under division Heaviest Flounder
- $500 Sponsor Division: Bragging rights. This will consist of a plaque with your name as the SSBGC Sponsor Flounder champion). Your name will be engraved on the plaque which will hang in your office for a year. Return the following year to defend your bragging rights. There may be a new champion.
- “$500 Lucky Flounder” payout: Teams not placing in the Top 6 will be entered into a “Lucky Flounder drawing”. A member of the team must be present to win. If no member of the winning team is present, another team name will be drawn.
Captain’s Meeting & On-Site Registration
Friday, July 15, 2016
Captain Max King’s Marine
3829 Shore Drive, VA Beach, 23455
5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, July 16, 2016
Lines in: 6 a.m.
Lines out: 4 p.m.
Best three flounders at weigh-in. You must weigh your flounder by 5 p.m. on fishing day.
Saturday, July 16, 2016
at Captain Max King’s Marine
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Food • Beverages • Live Music
Tournament Date & Location
Date: Saturday, July 16, 2016
Blow Date is July 17.
Location: Captain Max King’s Marine
8166 Shore Dr, Norfolk, VA 23518