5th Annual Southside Boys & Girls Club
Flounder Fishing Tourney
Join us on July 17 & 18, 2015, for a great time flounder fishing with a chance for some great prizes — and at the same time help raise money to benefit programs at the Southside Boys & Girls Club. This is our fourth year of hosting this event, and we expect another great event.
President and CEO of East Coast Ship Repair & Fabrication and Tourney chair, Jorgé Rivera… “We, the committee and sponsors, know the importance of giving these kids at the Southside Boys and Girls Club every opportunity to succeed. The funds raised from the Tourney will hopefully help them find success through strengthening programs at the Club, so please sign up!”
Courtesy of Norfolk Marine if you catch the biggest flounder in the state of Virginia – beating the state record of 17.8 lbs.
- There will be an optional big fish Calcutta with an entry fee of $100 per boat with a 75% payout. The single heaviest fish wins. You must tag your Calcutta fish with the special tag provided in case of a tie, the first fish weighed will be the winner.
- There will be a second optional "stringer" Calcutta for $100 with a 75% payout to the heaviest stringer entered in this Calcutta.
- All Prizes are minimum guarantee.
- 1st Place: $5,000
- 2nd Place:$2,500
- 3rd Place: $1,500
- 4th Place:$1,000
- 5th Place:$500
- 6th Place: $250
- $100:Heaviest Oyster Toad
- $100:Ladies Division Heaviest Flounder
- $50 and some tackle: 15 and under division Heaviest Flounder
- $500 Sponsor Division: Bragging rights. This will consist of a plaque with your name as the SSBGC Sponsor Flounder champion). Your name will be engraved on the plaque which will hang in your office for a year. Return the following year to defend your bragging rights. There may be a new champion.
- “$500 Lucky Flounder” payout: Teams not placing in the Top 6 will be entered into a "Lucky Flounder drawing". A member of the team must be present to win. If no member of the winning team is present, another team name will be drawn.
Check out the sponsorships available for this event and the promotional opportunities they provide for you business or organization.